City Travel Tip #1319
Sentosa – things to do on an island of non-stop fun and attractions
Most tourists will not leave Singapore without spending at least one day on Sentosa Island. Unlike the other Southern Islands featured in previous posts, Sentosa has been fully redeveloped and transformed into a destination for theme parks and various visitor attractions.
To get to Sentosa from Singapore mainland, you can take a cable car from Mount Faber for a scenic experience, or take the Sentosa Express monorail from the VivoCity shopping mall which is connected to the HarbourFront MRT station.
Once on Sentosa, you will not be short of things to do! Here are some highlights:
1. Universal Studios Singapore: This theme park is definitely worth a whole day’s excursion, where numerous thrilling rides await.
2. iFly Singapore: The only place in Singapore where you can sky dive. This is the world’s largest wind tunnel for indoor skydiving.
3. Fort Siloso: A relic from World War 2, this is Singapore’s only well-preserved coastal fort. You can also visit its military museum to learn more about Singapore’s experience during the War.
4. Adventure Cove Waterpark: If you love water slides and snorkeling, pay a visit to this waterpark.
5. Beaches of Sentosa: Sentosa has three beaches – Palawan Beach, Tanjong Beach and Siloso Beach. These beaches tend to be crowded on weekends. You can also find beach clubs and dining options along the beachfronts.
As there is so much to do on Sentosa, you can consider spending a night or two on the island. There are several hotels and resorts in Sentosa. One such luxury resort, Capella Singapore, became internationally known when it was the venue for the 2018 North Korea–United States summit between US president Donald Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong-un.
Voting promotes the tips that are most helpful for people.